Installing the prerequisites required for MySQL or Oracle connectivity in SnapDevelop
Before proceeding to MySQL or Oracle database configuration in SnapDevelop (version 2019 R2 or above), please make sure that MySQL Connector/NET 8.0.20 or above is installed for MySQL, and Oracle ODAC 12.1 is installed for Oracle. Note that we are providing this information for your convenience, however, we are unable to provide support for your installation of MySQL Connector/NET or Oracle ODAC.
MySQL Connector/NET Installation
2. Download the Windows (x86, 32 & 64-bit), MSI installer for the version 8.0.20 or above.
3. Run an installation process to proceed with the recommended settings;
4. After the installation is finished, please restart SnapDevelop, and then proceed to MySQL configuration.
Oracle ODAC Installation
2. In the ODAC XCopy section, select the appropriate ODAC version to download. That is, if your operating system is 32-bit, download 32-bit ODAC 12.1 or above; If your operating system is 64-bit, download 64-bit ODAC 12.1 or above.
3. Unzip the file to a directory, then run the installer by executing the install.bat as administrator.
4. After the installation is finished, please restart SnapDevelop, and then proceed to Oracle configuration.